The tradition of pilgrimages to Cvilín Hill and the Pilgrimage Church of Our Lady of Sorrows is more than 400 years old and has survived to the present day. Legend has it since the Middle Ages that a painting depicting Our Lady of Sorrows, placed behind the main altar, has healing powers. This pilgrimage place is an important spiritual centre for all of Silesia.
The church was built on the site of a former chapel between 1756 and 1765. There is a four-line lime tree alley dating back to 1770. Pilgrims are accompanied by a new Way of the Cross on their journey to the church.