This Jewish cemetery is one of the oldest in the Czech Republic and also one of the most precious cultural monuments of the Moravia Silesia Region. The cemetery dates back to the 16thcentury and there are 313 preserved grave stones.
The cemetery was built in 1882. The last funerals were celebrated in the early 1950s and today, the former cemetery building is used by the Seventh-day Adventists as a prayer room.
This separately standing two-story building was designed by Ernst Lindner from Vienna and built by local builder Richard Klosov. From the town’s history and development perspective, it is an important sacral structure, built in the eclectic historicism style, probably in the early 20th century.