Since 1999, the brewery Radegast has been a part of the largest brewing company in the Czech Republic, Pilsner Urquell Company, Inc. In the brewery Radegast beer has been made since 1970. It is the youngest and the most modern brewery in the Czech Republic.
This valley reservoir on the Morávka River was built between 1961 and 1967. In addition to increasing the water flow below the dam, the purpose of this water work is to decrease flood potential and to continuously use the water flow released over the dam for creating energy and for drinking water. During the 1997 floods, the dam was damaged and after a general overhaul, it is again fully operational.
According to the original anti-flood protection plan, which was later complemented by a plan to supply the Ostrava industrial base and population with drinking water, this valley reservoir at the Ostravice railway station was built between 1964 and 1969.
This water mill from the 16th century has a 250 m long raceway and a fully functional mill wheel. It has been renovated and now serves mainly as a pub and a restaurant. You can also find here a small museum containing milling artefacts and a period exposition displaying objects from our grandparents’ farms and kitchens.
Lysá Hora measures 1323m high and it is the highest mountain of the Moravian-Silesian Beskydy Mountains. There is a meteorological station and a telecommunication tower on the top. When the weather is nice, there is a nice view of the entire Beskydy Mountains, Malá Fatra Mountains and sometimes even the West Tatras – Roháče.
This mill, located in the suburb of Kopaná in Frenštát pod Radhoštěm, has been peeling buckwheat since 1861 by using a mechanical method that causes results in the loss of some vitamins. A tour, including a sampling of buckwheat products, can be arranged by phone.
The unique Technical Museum in Kopřivnice covers nearly a hundred and fifty-year-old history of the Tatra car factory since the time, when in 1897 the first car called Präsident was manufactured in Austria-Hungary.
A Dutch wind mill was preserved northeast of the small village of Libhošť, between Příbor and Nový Jičín. It most likely comes from 1842; however, the exact date of its foundation is not known. It was in operation until 1875 and in 1900, it was rebuilt for residential purposes.
It is a subsurface training adit, which is a perfect imitation of the mining environment, and an open-air museum of mine vehicles and mining locomotives. In the openings there are working places for bituminuous coal mining as in the real mine and the machinery is demonstrated in operation. The adit serves as training for coal getters and mining rescuers and is also an interesting place for the general public.